Asanas & Bandhs - From the Inside Out
Asana means stability and joy. Asana are beautiful vehicles for stretching and releasing tension in the body and mind. We can use them to stretch, strengthen, clear the mind, release emotions, practice focus & clarity. And challenge ourselves to find out that we can do so much more than we previously thought possible!
This weekend will be an exploration of alignment, self-correcting, modifications and understanding the postures from the inside-out.
In this intensive, we will:
- Discuss what is asana? Why are they used in yoga?
- Explore the difference between the IDEAL posture and the REAL posture
- Learn how to modify asana and movement for common limitations – back injury, sore knees, pregnancy, etc.
- Deeply explore sitting postures, forward bends, back bends,
floor postures - especially those common in kundalini yoga
- Integrate pranayama into our asanas to help open our bodies and release tension.
- Learn the three bandhs – the energy locks of yoga
- Learn about the various styles of hatha-yoga
This is an excellent weekend for anyone to attend who would like to go deeper in their understanding of their own yoga practice - all styles – hatha, kundalini, etc.
All are welcome to join us for this weekend intensive. No previous experience required.