"Friends of the Station" Pass
This is a new pass that we are offering that will help us to commit time for ourselves and our personal journeys as well as help the station provide ongoing programming and continued restoration of the station.
A "Friend of the Station" pass includes:
- 2 classes per week (for the holder of the pass - except for ballroom classes where you can bring a member of your family on your pass!!)
- 10% off all other classes, workshops, seminars, summer camps and private consultations for you and your family (on occasion, there might be a specific workshop that cannot be discounted)
- video link to a new meditation you can do at home every 6 weeks
- complimentary copy of "The Journey" magazine (to be published by East Street Station this fall)
- $25 initial Administration fee (waived for the month of September)
- $50+HST per month (automatic withdrawal)
- There will be no withdrawal in December. East Street Station is closed for 4 weeks total in the year (2 weeks in August and 2 in December) so, to make up for this, we won't take a payment at all in December! After all, it's Christmas time.
If you are travelling or unable to use your pass, you're more than welcome to let someone else use your pass until you return! Just let us know!!
- Personally, it helps when we make a personal commitment to our own health and "sanity". It is easy for life to fill in our time with a hundred other things. So to give ourselves the gift of time to grow, learn, and heal our lives is one of the greatest thing we can do for ourselves.
- This is a great benefit for anyone who already frequents the station
- It's a great way to bring a family member to ballroom classes!
- If you are not able to attend regular classes, you can register for our online classes: The Journey Class and Kundalini Yoga.
- If you'd simply like to support the station, then your pass helps the station to provide meaningful programs, services in the community, and helps us to continue restoration and maintenance on this beautiful old building.
If you live a distance from Goderich:
This is still a great opportunity to be a part of the station community!
- You can register for our At-Home Journey class and our At-home yoga class. You will receive an email each week with a video link to both of these classes!
- You will also receive a video link to a new meditation every 6 weeks to practice at home
- You will get 10% off any workshops - including the new "Soul Retreats" that will be starting in 2013 - weekends away just for you to heal, consolidate your gains, and have time with yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Should I get a Friends of the Station pass or just sign up for individual classes?
Financially, a pass makes a lot of sense if you plan to take one or more weekly classes at the station. At $50 per month, this is about $12 per week. So it is the equivalent of registering for one Hatha yoga class, a little more than one dance or Kundalini yoga class, and cheaper than using a yoga pass or dropping in to one class per week. So, if you plan to take one class plus a workshop now and then at 10% off, it's a great idea. If you plan to take two classes per week, then it's definitely a good idea. If you would like to bring someone ballroom dancing, then it's definitely a good deal.
For personal commitment, it's often a good idea to have a regular pass like this to keep us on track and committed to our personal path - especially when it's so easy to get off track and wake up one day saying, "Hey... I was going to take care of myself this year...".
On the other hand, we've had many people ask how they can contribute to the station just because they appreciate something about what we're about. Maybe they like the coffeehouses, the yoga, the community, or just knowing that there's a safe place to go when things get crazy. So, this is a chance to help out in this way as well.
I'm going South for the winter. What would I do with the pass?
There are a few options.
- You could put your pass on hold until you get back.
- Or you could continue the pass and use our "At-home" options and have yoga classes and other videos come right to you wherever you are.
- You could let someone else use your pass while you're gone
Can I use the At-Home Classes on my pass?
Yes. In the snowy-blowy days of winter, if you can't get to a class, just email us and ask to have that week's yoga class emailed to you - totally included in your pass!
The Journey Class can also be used for sure on your pass.
What members of my family can get 10% off with my pass?
All members of your family can get 10% off. They don't have to live in your home. They just need to be family. So, your adult children, brothers, sisters, & spouse can get 10% off classes, workshops and private consultations. Your young children and grandchildren can get 10% off summer camps and any classes that come up for kids.
The goal here is community - and a healing community at that. The more of our family that has their thoughts turned towards health and happiness, the easier it is for everyone. There's nothing like having a wonderful support network - and it's even nicer when it's family.